Host & Hostess
Our HOST STAFF treats customers as they would be treated in their own home. In order to be prepared to put your best foot forward.
What is Expected & Required
- No Smoking & No Drugs, Zero Tolerance!
- Engage the customer and answer questions.
- Ready and at the Host/Hostess desk at 11am, if opening.
- Good Hygiene: Shower with soap, wash hair, brush teeth and wear the specified uniform.
- Be Attentive & Courteous.
- No cell phone use, unless work related.
- No gum chewing.
- Do not complain or talk about customer, potential customer or fellow employee.
- No sitting on the window sill.
- All eating must be completed when side work is done or during your break.
- Know the menu and soups of the day.
- All clothes need to be finger tip length, no see through clothes and no holes.
- Greet Customer immediately at the front door
- Face the customer, never stand with your back to the customer.
- Know the table numbers.
- Seat customer immediately or if there is a wait: take and write down their name, the number of customers, time they arrived, & estimated wait time given.
- Seat tables as soon as they are open, no exceptions.
- Do not hold tables, call customers name, if no response circle name and time called, call next available customer, next open table recall name, seat them or remove name. Keep calling names on the list till someone responds, call two times if not available go to the next name. If customer returns after name was called, tell them the time you called them, give them the time you called and inform them they will be seated next.
- Assist with Clean Up: wipe menus.
- No leaning on the window sill, If you have time to lean you have time to clean.
- Help PRE-BUS tables (remove any plates, glasses, etc., that the customers are finished using) table, sweeping up trash or any thing that is dropped on the floor.
Job duties are outlined but not limited to these specific duties.
You may be asked and are expected to perform additional tasks as needed.
Everything Is Everyones Job!
Teamwork! Teamwork! Teamwork!