As soon as the customer is seated, the wait staff job begins. Their service to the customer includes selling food and drinks to the customer. Customers must be greeted within one (1) minute of being seated. If a table is not greeted within three (3) minutes, that table will be given away.
What is Expected & Required
- No Smoking & No Drugs, Zero Tolerance!
- Arrive at 10am and ready at 11am to start serving, if opening.
- Good Hygiene: Shower with soap, wash hair, brush teeth and wear the specified uniform.
- Be Attentive & Courteous.
- No cell phone use, unless work related.
- No gum chewing.
- Do not complain or talk about customer, potential customer or fellow employee.
- All eating must be completed when side work is done or during your break.
- Always handle yourself in a professional manor with fellow employees and customers.
- Know the table numbers, menu, vegetables, soups of the day and salad dressings.
- Greet your customers and capture drink order within one (1) minute of them being seated.
- Bring silverware/napkin to table to indicate you have captured drink order
- If you are double or triple sat, greet all tables and capture all drink orders at the same time, do not take one tables order and walk past the others.
- Must PRE-BUS TABLES (remove any plates, glasses, etc., that the customers are finished using). Do not just grab the check or credit card receipt.
- Sweep up trash or any thing that is dropped on the floor.
- Be ready to serve your table. No leaning, If you have time to lean you have time to clean.
- Make sure your station is swept under the tables, is clean and full at all times.
- Know menu Abbreviations/ Descriptions.
- Know how to use the computer (micros) to enter, change, etc., orders.
- Complete side work as detailed by the side work list.
- Be Attentive & Courteous and know when your table needs something or is ready to pay so that you may say, “Thank you, Come Again.”
- No handing off checks, you are responsible for the check until the table leaves.
- Time your food. Food is to be taken out as soon as it is done, no waiting to take food out.
- Sweep wait stations.
- Do open, running and closing side work.
Job duties are outlined but not limited to these specific duties.
You may be asked and are expected to perform additional tasks as needed.
Everything Is Everyones Job!
Teamwork! Teamwork! Teamwork!